Friday, August 31, 2012

How paranoid should you be?

I've been called paranoid.  I used to agree.  But really lately I don't think so.

For example, it is true that when you participate in a bittorrent swarm, your IP address is exposed and there are people who want to tattle on you.   Still, I don't give a shit.

I remember when I was in elementary school, I took the school bus every morning.  We would often misbehave.  When it got really bad, we would say to each other--"what are they going to do, punish all of us?"

And of course sometimes they did.  :-)

Still, when I'm part of a 5000 member bittorrent swarm, I'm feeling like I'm on that school bus.  And that bus is only getting bigger as today's youth grow up and take internet freedom for granted.

But if you're paranoid, just use a VPN or other tactic that I've talked about before to defend yourself, and you'll swat their clumsy thrusts aside with aplomb.  You shouldn't have to, but you shouldn't have to work for a living, either, so there.

Hmm, this gives me an idea.  More tomorrow.

No comments:

Post a Comment